Thursday, November 11, 2010

Time to Take My Head Out of the Sand

Okay, here we go, four weeks late: I'm going to follow the Grand Prix. What better time to finally leap in than a competition that features Daisuke Takahashi, Nobunari Oda, Adam Rippon, Kanako Murakami, Rachael Flatt, Meryl Davis & Charlie White, Maia Shibutani & Alex Shibutani, and Felicia Zhang & Taylor Toth?

Most of these skaters I am legitimately cheering for (see: everyone except Rachael Flatt), although sometimes (see: Nobunari Oda, Adam Rippon, and Kanako Murakami) that support is colored by a simple sense of curiosity as to what will happen next. (This reminds me, I still need to watch Nobunari's Skate Canada programs and compare them to the reported train wreck that Patrick Chan's were.)

I'm not going to even bother trying to make predictions. Let the obsessive viewing finally begin!

By the way, this is the dumbest IceNetwork poll ever:

Who's the most likely skater/team to win gold at Skate America?
Meryl Davis and Charlie White 83%
Rachael Flatt 7%
Adam Rippon 6%
Caydee Denney and Jeremy Barrett 2%

P.S. I just realized I wrote this at 11:11! I hope something lucky happens, because I forgot to make a wish. =(

No comments: