Thursday, January 21, 2010

2010 Australian Open: Days 2-4

I have to admit, I haven't been following this Australian Open as closely as I usually do--this new Nationals schedule seems to have taken up my attention. Regardless I still do check the scores and read Jon Wertheim's column, and it seems nothing too major has happened so far:
  • Justine Henin beat Elena Dementieva 7-5, 7-6. I am not surprised.
  • Gisela Dulko beat Ana Ivanovic 6-7, 7-5, 6-4. Also not surprised. What is going on with her, anyway? She keeps talking about looking at the "positives" and gaining back her confidence, but she says this after every loss and nothing has happened.
  • Juan Martin del Potro took out James Blake in some long five-setter. This wasn't entirely surprising either, but disappointing, since it's always kind of nice to see a really good guy go far.
  • Oh, and Marcos Baghdatis is back, sort of--at least for now.
Seriously, something interesting better happen soon. In the meantime, you can always look at this.

EDIT: Someone listened to me: Jelena Jankovic lost, Andy Roddick is down a set, and Justine Henin is down a break. Yeah Day 5!
EDIT: Not really a surprise, but Roddick and Henin made it through after all. Well, I didn't really want Roddick to lose so I suppose that's good. But while I was asleep Kim Clijsters lost in a bad way... I don't think this is what I meant when I wanted something interesting to happen. Also, I should probably rename this post to Days 2-5.

No comments: